- Daily journaling about a given topic
- Timed essays with real world topics
- Poems based on given theme or related to student’s life
- Formal essays
- Quick writes--beginning of the class following a set prompt
- Self reflections where students self evaluate their writing, oral presentations, or group contributions
- Outlining or “T” charts to assist with writing essays
- Peer tutoring or peer-reviews for students to assess each other’s work based on a set rubric.
- Group essays (2-3 students) with a visual representation
- Short story journals--students write a short story for themes they’ve learned in class, possibly based on what they are currently reading.
Monday, October 29, 2012